Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Holes in clothes- monster mouths!

So because Eli isn't walking yet all his pants have these delightful little tears in the knees of them (don't talk to me about his shoes!) and I can't keep throwing them out because they still fit him and seems such a waste. Today I had a quiet moment and decided to try and fill it in (saw on pinterest of course) but I didn't have proper scraps or any inclination to sow...

Monster knees!!The teeth were from an old cot blanket that frayed so I would use something else next time and I used maybe 4/5 layers on the mouth so it wouldn't wear away so quickly. I can see alot of monster themed clothes coming up :)

12 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I really need to spend more time on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is soooo cute Louise x tfs
    xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea Lou! My first visit and I have had a little nosey around and I am now following. Have a great day.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea ! Looks fab and saves throwing otherwise good trousers away, marvelous! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous idea Lou, I remember that stage well! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very creative...they say necessity is the mother of invention, and you've proved hat here. Fabulous idea...lol!
    I am now following.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, I used to make these for my son.... He's 41 now lol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, I bet he will love them.
    Now following.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I love your work, I'm now a follower xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea and so cute

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete