Saturday, February 23, 2013

Altered canvas


AMY if you are reading this....STOP!

I need to make something for my sister's birthday and was at a loss. She had asked me previously to make one of the grunge board quilts but they can be quiet time consumuing. I had a few spare canvases so I measured some cardboard and slot them in together. I used 3 sheets of 6x6 from a paper pad from My Mind's Eye and just went from there. I used a few fimo tiles and embossed images to give it a bit of a 3d appearance. Very happy with how this came out and I hope she likes it as much!





5 comments:

  1. Thats fab! love the textures, if your sister doesn't like it i'll have it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love all the different elements. Lots to look at & admire :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Can I be your sister too please! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, it was relatively less hassle than I expected. Took me about 2 1/2 hours once I sat down to it but looks a lot more ;) I'll score extra sister points with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous and a lovely gift :D

    ReplyDelete