I tag I was inspired by Pinterest this morning and I had to try it. I love this dress form die and always end up doing the same thing but it's just so cute! The tag feels a good weight and I love that in a tag, really makes you feel like you made something worth while! I did a quick tutorial on how I made it below.
Using my note stamp I covered a tag in grey Stazon (not the best for stamping but I just needed a light back ground as I didn't want a heavy stamped image)
In between the notes, I used my large Hero Arts french script in brown stazon. I used stazon because I wasn't sure how much blending I was going to do and wanted to keep my background true.
I held back here as I usually pile a load of colours on but just used Old Paper to cover the tag and Stained Glass and Peeled Paint around the edges
I cut a larger size tag out, distressed, inked with Walnut Stain and stamped the script stamp in brown stazon
I embossed the top half of the dress form with hallographic embossing powder and clear UTEE for a nice sparkle, I didn't notice at the time but the embosser pushed all the glitter to the edges when I heated it up. It's a nice effect, like I did it on purpose *cough. I got a barbie dress for Elf on the shelf for the same bric-a-brack I got the clock and had no other use for it so cut the bottom off! I quickly pulled a stitch through the top to make a ruffle and finished it off with some Prima lace (see the lace reel in the background, I got it in TK Maxx yesterday for €6 it's HUGE but smells like old woman house :/ ) I sprayed the dress with whatever I could get my hands on, I think it was Glimmer mist in gold I used and dried with the heat tool before attaching to the dress form
At the bottom of the dress form I piled a few embellishments on, the Tim Holtz Pinecone made into a flower on top of a tattered flower middle die, pinned with a Prima pin and some metal embellishments I got from Anne. The sentiment is from PaperTrey Ink cut out onto a quick banner and inked.
I had to make her christmas knickers since it 'tis the season. A quick thong made from some lace and the barbie dress
I used the Tim Holtz die to get a rough shape on the wings, made them smaller, covered in Christmas vellum on both sides and inked slightly. Added natural and brown raffia finish off.
My finished tag, quite happy with the way it came out!