Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Altered tags

Ok these tags didn't end in a tantrum and ripped up in the bin, I keep doing a queen of hearts on it when something doesn't go my way! Distress crackle paint is not my friend, or I just don't have the patience, after the bird started to crackle I heat dried it a lil then this huge abscess appeared on his head and popped like a spot, sickend.... so the poor bird has a hole in his head and no wing! 
Tried grunge board for the first time, was very much like "meh it's just chipboard" but after I made the wings with it realised its pliable and great for utee'ing. I can see alot more grunge board wings coming into effect soon!

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous tags......... though it has wings and a heart so I'm biased!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Lou, really love the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab tags!! Ah.... crackle paint. I hear ya. Took me a while too, so now at the start of a project I apply crackle paint where need so that by the time I need it, the paint has dried on its own. Although that only works if you are a planner/sketcher like me!! Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. k, you are coming to Canada.....get on a plane and come teach me! you must teach me!!!! I can't make a card or tag to save my life.

    These are beautiful! I"m so lifting these for my DT work due ASAP. LOL

    Did you ever get your magazine? Please let me know if you did or not, can you PM me on LCOM? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tags, wait a bit longer before heating the crackle, it can do a bursting trick if still moist underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tags and the bird seems to have recovered from the abscess remarkably well!

    ReplyDelete