Sunday, December 20, 2009

Paper roses


Whoever came up with this idea is a GENIUS! Unfortunately, that would not be me. I found a tutorial for these awesome roses over at;

http://fiskarscraft.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/02/making-cardstock-roses.html

and the lady who demonstrated was Debbie Buckland;

http://artycrafty.wordpress.com/

So I take NO credit at all for this! I just love them and wanted to share!

You need 18 hearts
6 x 2 1/4"
5 x 2"
4 x 1 3/4"
3 x 1 1/2"


I inked all the edges with two different shades of darker red. You can also use acrylic paint or chalk. Punch a tiny hole at the bottom of every heart.



Take a brad (in the same color) and turn it upside down and start putting all the hearts through it.Start with the smallest hearts and work your way up.


Now the magic starts: take petal by petal and scrunch them up and around towards the middle. Don't be gentle here; the more manhandling the better!


Then, bend the petals back out as much as you want. Depends on how much you want the rose to be open.
Last step is to spray the rose with glimmer mist

No comments:

Post a Comment